Belton Chalets, Inc. Second Party or Commercial Reservation Policy.
It is the goal and intent of Belton Chalets, Inc. to preserve and promote the chalets in Glacier National Park, while encouraging public access to the chalets through simple and reasonable reservation processes and costs. In contrast, Belton Chalets, Inc. anticipated that should reservations be allowed to be taken by "Second Party" or "Commercial Reservation Agents," due to the limited availability, short season and high demand for chalet reservations, a small number of agents could potentially book a large percentage of chalet rooms. As a consequence, the general public would be denied access to these National Park resources and access would be limited to these agents or by paying exorbitant prices. Second party reservations have been denied in an effort to make chalet lodging fairly and consistently available to the general public.
Belton Chalets, Inc., adopted a policy of not accepting any second party reservations at Sperry Chalet in October, 2003, and adopted an identical policy for reservations at Granite Park Chalet in February, 2005. These policies have been updated and clarified, effective November, 2008, as set forth herein.
Belton Chalets, Inc. recognizes that there could be mutual benefit when Park partners, fellow concessioners, and commercial organizations -- which share our interest in supporting and promoting the chalets and Glacier National Park -- have access to making reservations at the chalets. Accordingly, Belton Chalets, Inc., has modified its previous policies on Second Party Reservations, providing some special consideration to these Park partners when considering a requested advance approval for such a reservation.
Definition of a second party or commercial reservation
A "Second Party" and "Commercial Reservation Agent" as used herein shall refer to any travel agent, tour organizer, guided group, educational group, or any other middle man who makes a reservation at a chalet with intent to re-sell all or part of the booking.
- Second party reservations will not be accepted.
- Any reservation holder found to be reselling the booking will have the reservation immediately canceled.
- Policy exceptions:
- A Second Party or Commercial Reservation Agent must request approval from Belton Chalets, Inc. PRIOR to advertising, promoting or taking any reservation at the chalets;
- Approval is at the sole discretion of Belton Chalets, Inc., its managers and administration. All decisions are final;
- Special consideration will be given to Park partners, fellow concessioners, and commercial organizations with an interest in supporting and promoting the chalets and Glacier National Park;
- Should Belton Chalets, Inc. approve a Second Party or Commercial Reservation Agent, all standard rates, deposits, fees, and rules covering reservations and cancellations apply to the second party reservations issued. The rules listed below also apply to second party reservations. Additional rules may also apply (which will be provided, in writing, upon pre-approval by Belton Chalets, Inc.).
- The Second Party or Commercial Reservation Agent is responsible for paying all fares and charges and is responsible for all communication with the chalet reservation office.
- A $10 administrative fee will be charged for all changes and all cancellations after the initial booking.
- Reservations canceled by 6:00 p.m., 45 days prior to the arrival date will be refunded, less any administrative fees.
- Cancellations received by 6:00 p.m., 30 days prior to the arrival date will forfeit the deposit and any administrative fees.
- Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the arrival date are not eligible for any refund.