Chalet Trailhead Shuttle
Need a ride?
$20 To chalet trailheads (per person)
Available by reservation through the chalet office. 888-345-2649
$20 additional mileage charge for any pickup or dropoff at the Gunsight Pass Trailhead.*
- Free Parking in West Glacier at the Glacier Outdoor Center.
- Complimentary return trip! When we bring you in to the chalets the return trip is free.
- Transportation from West Glacier to all chalet trailheads along Going to the Sun Road.
- Safety first. We will not deliver to trails closed to snow or hazards.
May be subject to change
|West Glacier @
Glacier Outdoor Center
|Lake McDonald Lodge
|Gunsight Pass Trailhead
Jackson Glacier Overlook
|Eastbound >>>||8:00 AM||8:30 AM||8:50 AM||9:15 AM||9:30 AM||>>>|
|<<< Westbound||11:00 AM||10:30 AM||10:10 AM||9:45 AM||<<<|
|Eastbound >>>||11:15 AM||11:45 AM||12:05 PM||12:30 PM||>>>|
|<<< Westbound||1:45 PM||1:15 PM||12:55 PM||12:30 PM||<<<|
|Eastbound >>>||2:15 PM||2:45 PM||3:05 PM||3:30 PM||>>>|
|<<< Westbound||5:30 PM||5:00 PM||4:40 PM||4:15 PM||4:00 PM||<<<|
We are happy to add shuttle service to your chalet reservation. Transportation charges will be added to your chalet billing.
Chalet office: 888-345-2649 (toll free).
While we can make last minute arrangements for rides, we think that planning ahead makes for a safer and more enjoyable chalet adventure. We would appreciate at least a week's notice for your transportation reservation. Planning ahead helps promote safety, efficiency, and lower costs.
Transportation cancellations received by 6:00pm three days in advance of the pickup date will be fully refunded less a 10% cancellation fee. Cancellations received within three days of scheduled pickup date will forfeit the entire payment.
Free Parking for chalet guests in West Glacier at the Glacier Outdoor Center.
Parking your own car at chalet trailheads overnight is allowed; however, parking space is limited. On busy days and times it may be impossible to find space. We can help with free parking outside the Park.
The parking area has shelter from the weather, restrooms and a gift shop.
Getting an early start on the trail is important. Start your hike with cool morning air and give yourself more time to enjoy the trail and handle delays. We recommend the morning shuttle schedule for arriving at the chalet and the afternoon schedule for your departure.
When entering Glacier National Park,
- Each guest is required to pay their own entrance fee (as if driving your own car.) OR
- If you have already entered the park, bring your park entrance receipt with you (to verify you have already paid). OR
- Bring your valid park pass with you.
You should plan ahead for your chalet departure so as not to miss your scheduled shuttle stop.
It can be difficult to estimate hiking times on Glacier trails. Even experienced hikers regularly encounter delays from weather, animals, minor injury or rest stops. The most common delays come from discovering spectacular views or interesting encounters that need a little more time to appreciate.
- Pay attention to your hiking time when you hike to the chalet, this will help you estimate your departure time.
- Give yourself a little extra time. You never know when you will need an extra rest break and it is nice to enjoy a trail without rushing.
If you miss a scheduled trailhead pickup. Use the free Going to the Sun Road Shuttle operated by the National Park Service and go to the transit center. Our shuttle van will come back and meet you at the transit center to deliver you on to your vehicle or destination.
Custom trips and mileage
Our first priority is transportation for chalet guests to and from chalet trailheads along Going to the Sun Road. But we can occasionally offer transportation to other destinations. If there is space available, we can take day hikers to chalet trailheads.
Call our office to see if a custom trip is available to you. 888-345-2649
- An additional $20 per person charged for travel beyond Logan Pass. ($40 per person to Gunsight Pass trailhead or St. Mary Visitor Center.)
- An additional $20 per person charged for trips to points east of St. Mary Visitor Center. Four person minimum. ($60 per person to Swiftcurrent Pass trailhead, Many Glacier, and other east side communities.)