Chalet Trailhead Shuttle
Need a ride?
Free Shuttle service for chalet guests between West Glacier and west side chalet trailheads.
Available by reservation through the chalet office. 888-345-2649
- Transportation from West Glacier to west side chalet trailheads along Going to the Sun Road.
- West Glacier. Free Parking at the Glacier Outdoor Center. (map)
- Lake McDonald Lodge. Sperry Trailhead.
- Pickup and dropoff at the shuttle stop across from the general store.(map)
- The Loop, Loop Trailhead.
- Logan Pass, Highline Trailhead.
- Safety first. We will not deliver to trails closed to snow or hazards.
- Trailhead to trailhead service is not available. This service is only for guests leaving their vehicle outside of Glacier National Park.
- Reservations required.
May be subject to change
|West Glacier @
Glacier Outdoor Center
|Lake McDonald Lodge
|Eastbound >>>||8:30 AM||9:00 AM||9:20 AM||9:45 AM||>>>|
|<<< Westbound||11:30 AM||11:00 AM||10:40 AM||10:15 AM||<<<|
|Eastbound >>>||12:00 PM||12:30 PM||12:50 PM||1:15 PM||>>>|
|<<< Westbound||2:30 PM||2:00 PM||1:40 PM||1:15 PM||<<<|
We are happy to add shuttle service to your chalet reservation.
Chalet office: 888-345-2649 (toll free).
While we can make last minute arrangements for rides, we think that planning ahead makes for a safer and more enjoyable chalet adventure. We would appreciate at least a week's notice for your transportation reservation. Planning ahead helps promote safety, efficiency, and lower costs.
Free Parking for chalet guests at the Glacier Outdoor Center in West Glacier.
The parking area has shelter from the weather, restrooms and a gift shop.
Parking your own car at chalet trailheads overnight is allowed; however, parking space is limited. On busy days and times it may be impossible to find space. Our chalet shuttle is here to help.
You may also park at the Apgar Visitor Center or the St. Mary Visitor Center and use the free park service shuttle to your trailhead.
Getting an early start on the trail is important. Start your hike with cool morning air and give yourself more time to enjoy the trail and handle delays. We recommend the morning shuttle schedule for arriving at the chalet and the afternoon schedule for your departure.
When entering Glacier National Park,
- Each guest is required to pay their own entrance fee (as if driving your own car). OR
- If you have already entered the park, bring your park entrance receipt with you (to verify you have already paid). OR
- Bring your valid park pass with you.
You should plan ahead for your chalet departure so as not to miss your scheduled shuttle stop.
It can be difficult to estimate hiking times on Glacier trails. Even experienced hikers regularly encounter delays from weather, animals, minor injury or rest stops. The most common delays come from discovering spectacular views or interesting encounters that need a little more time to appreciate.
- Pay attention to your hiking time when you hike to the chalet, this will help you estimate your departure time.
- Give yourself a little extra time. You never know when you will need an extra rest break and it is nice to enjoy a trail without rushing.
If you miss a scheduled trailhead pickup. Use the free Going to the Sun Road Shuttle operated by the National Park Service and go to the Apgar Visitor Center. Our shuttle van will come back and meet you at the visitor center to deliver you to your vehicle at the Glacier Outdoor Center.