April 13, 2017 - Thursday
Transportation reservations are now available.
Will you need a ride to a chalet trailhead this summer? We can help.
You can read about our shuttle details here.
Fun fact: 2016 was a record setting year for the most Glacier Park visitors. Forecasts for visitors in 2017 are very similar. While it is great that so many people are enjoying our wonderful park, it can cause some problems too. Where to park your car is one of those problems.
For your hike to the chalet you should think about using a shuttle to get to the trailhead. We can provide transportation between West Glacier and all the chalet trailheads along Going to the Sun Road. With our shuttle you can:
- Quit worrying about vehicles and parking and enjoy yourself more.
- Have a scheduled and reserved ride directly to your destination.
- Help reduce traffic, congestion, and air pollution.
Our shuttle is not your only option. The National Park Service is operating a shuttle along Going to the Sun Road.
March 13, 2017 - Monday
Guided interpretive workshops still available.
We still have a handful of rooms available in some of our guided interpretive workshops. These workshops are a great opportunity for field outings into the heart of Glacier with an expert naturalist and educator. Granite Park Chalet makes the perfect base camp to let you indulge in a backcountry study of wildflowers, ecology, geology, art, and more.
Space is limited.
January 23, 2017 - Monday
Many of your deposit payments are coming due and we are getting backlogged on processing them. If you have mailed in your deposit but have not heard back yet, don't worry, we will not be canceling any reservations until we get caught up. All reservations are getting a reprieve until at least the end of the month for making the deposit.
If you are trying to make your deposit, you can pay online through the link in your confirmation Email, call us, or send it in by post.
We are learning that many of the Emails we are sending in response to reservation requests are not reaching some people. Be sure to check your junk mail folders if you have not heard back from us. Gmail.com Email addresses in particular do not appear to be receiving our communication. We are sorry for the inconvenience. All successful reservations will be getting a statement by postal mail.
January 12, 2017 - Thursday
It has been a fun week hearing from so many excited people. Thanks for being enthusiastic for the chalets. It is heartbreaking that we are not able to award reservations to everyone that wishes to stay with us. Do check our availability occasionally through the spring, any openings from cancellation will be available to the next request.
If you have not heard back on the status of your reservation request, sorry, we tried to send an Email but sometimes things go wrong. All successful reservations will also receive a confirmation by post.
January 2, 2017 - Monday
Reservations open on January 9th
We will begin accepting reservations for the 2017 season on Monday, January 9th, at 8:am mountain time zone.
Use the reservation request form on this website. You will find it on the reservations link on the menu. This is the fastest and easiest way to send your request. We will get back to you by Email as soon as we can.
First come first served will be strictly enforced. The order requests are put into our database is the order we will process them. Using the form on our website will be the fastest and easiest way to get onto that list.
We do not recommend using the phone, Email, telegram, pony express, or any other way of reaching us. The only thing we can do with these requests is enter them into the website on your behalf. This will be slower and less reliable than doing it yourself online.
If you need it, the office phone is: 888-345-2649.
We will not be able to create a reservation by phone, but we can enter your information into our online form on your behalf or answer questions. Expect delays and busy signals if you attempt to reach us by phone.
The chalets are very popular, we expect to sell out all available space very quickly. You can improve your chances of success with these strategies:
- Be flexible with your travel and stay dates. The more options for dates you give us, the more opportunities exist for you.
- Requesting fewer rooms can make more opportunities available. We all rough it in the backcountry a little. Sharing a room with your friends can be part of the fun.
- The first week in August traditionally has the highest demand. (The week before and after are very popular too.) Other times during our season may have more opportunities.
- Double check your form before you hit send. I know you are excited and in a hurry to get into the queue, but simple mistakes can thwart your reservation entirely. These requests cant be changed once they are sent. We have seen mistakes such as misspelling an Email address or contact info so we cant get back to you, not getting the party size right, or even forgetting to tell us the month for the reservation. A quick double check can save the day.